Compassionate Guidance Through Probate And Estate Or Trust Administration
In the aftermath of a loved one’s passing, it can be difficult for families to take charge of settling the details of his or her final estate. During this often emotionally difficult time, Beltrano Law provides compassionate guidance and the utmost integrity for individuals and families in Connecticut and Westchester County in New York.
Led by Riverside probate lawyer Michelle Beltrano, our team takes personal interest in helping clients through the probate and estate administration process. Our services include:
- Fiduciary representation
- Representation of beneficiaries during probate
- General assistance with the probate process
- Probate litigation
Help For Executors And Court-Appointed Administrators During Probate
Quite often people are under the impression that they can avoid the probate process if they implement a few estate planning tools. Despite this myth, there are tax documents and administrative forms that need to be filed regardless of the size of your estate.
Whether you are the executor of an estate or a court-appointed administrator, Beltrano Law provides legal guidance to all fiduciaries and beneficiaries. Michelle and her team can help you:
- Gather all financial records, life insurance policies, annuities and other essential documents
- File the will and application for probate or appointment of fiduciary
- Gather the assets of the estate and file notice with land records if needed
- File an inventory of the estate and establish the Estate Account if needed for estate administration
- Notify creditors and other important entities of your loved one’s death and settle outstanding debts
- File tax returns and pay applicable taxes and fees
- File a final estate accounting and closing statement and help distribute assets to beneficiaries
Additionally, Beltrano Law can assist fiduciaries or beneficiaries engaged in probate litigation for issues like will contests, breach of fiduciary trust claims and other probate disputes.
The use of trusts in modern estate planning has increased dramatically. Trust administration involves the transfer of assets held in trust that are managed and distributed by a trustee or co-trustees. Trustees have a fiduciary duty to the beneficiaries of the trust and must comply with their statutory obligations. Our firm provides a high level of sophisticated yet personalized service to trustees and designated trust beneficiaries.
Helping Families Move Forward
Going through the last stages of an illness or the end stages of life with a loved one can be a stressful and disruptive time for everyone involved. With her legal and clinical experience, Michelle knows when to involve the right health care resources to help individuals through this phase of life while also making sure their wishes are reflected in their legal documents. Through a combination of insightful guidance and empathetic collaboration with clients, Beltrano Law seeks to help families move forward during these difficult times and mitigate the cost of probate. From filling return tax documents, to filling administrative paper work, Michelle and her team can do it all.